Dental implants are a time-tested, proven method to replace missing teeth. Since an implant is a standalone prosthetic, it is a good option, even if you need to replace a single tooth. It fills in the gap left by the missing tooth and supports the adjacent teeth as well.
What is a Dental Implant?
A “root” made of titanium is fitted firmly into the jawbone in the dental implant procedure. Once the surrounding bone adheres and fuses with this root, the prosthodontist will fit a crown (permanent hybrid prosthesis) on top of it. We at Major Dental Clinics offer the best dental implant services. The implants we provide our patients are made in modern, advanced labs, and they last for decades with basic care.
Process Leading Up To Getting A Dental Implant
When you come to use with a missing tooth issue, our prosthodontist will assess your tooth condition and recommend treatments best suited for you. We have extensive experience in treating various severe, complex dental problems, and you can trust us to provide you with the best dental care.
It is crucial to understand that dental implants are not for everyone. Our dentist will let you know whether you are a candidate for this modern dental treatment after assessing your teeth condition. They will also keep your medical history in view before recommending dental implants to you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
While there is a range of options to replace missing teeth, there are several benefits of dental implants, such as:
- Designed to last for a lifetime
- Ideal for multiple/single tooth replacement
- Stronger and more resilient than natural teeth
- Care is straightforward
- Give you a great smile
Types of Dental Implants
There are different types of dental implants. Your dentist will provide you with information about them and assess your oral condition before recommending which one would be a promising treatment option. Some of the implant restoration options include:
- Single Tooth Implant– These are non-invasive to adjacent teeth, functioning independently of other structures around them. They are suitable for single missing teeth, and the dentist will top off the implant with a custom-made ceramic crown.
- Implants for Multiple Teeth- Implants support these bridges, and they look like traditional ones. However, both ends are anchored onto implants and are an excellent alternative to regular partial dentures. You can also opt for all-on-4 implants, and these are typically used in cases where all the teeth in either the upper or lower jaw need replacing.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures- This denture is removable, and it snaps onto 2 to 4 dental implants offering enhanced stability and comfort.
- Permanent Hybrid Prosthesis — This hybrid restoration is permanently attached to 4 to 6 implants in the gums.
Regardless of whether you need an all-on-four procedure, partial implants, or complete reconstruction, we at Major Dental Clinics assure you of the best treatment options. For more details about our dental implant services, please schedule an appointment by filling this form and one of our front staff members will call you shortly to confirm it.